Simply put, if you own a home, have children, or have no one to legally help you if you become disabled, you need a living trust.
The living trust enters a new phase called Trust Administration. When a person or couple has a living trust and they pass, the trust will need to be administered to finish the terms laid out in the living trust. The original owner(s) of the trust was the trustee(s), but the next in line named in the trust would be in charge. This person is referred to as the The Successor Trustee. At this point the Trustee generally has administrative duties to complete:
Creating the needed paperwork is something that The Trust Pros can help with. We refer to this as our Successor Trustee Service.
Provided paperwork for Successor Trustee service includes the following:
1. A three page checklist of items that need to be addressed when someone passes away
2. Completed Real Property paperwork (CA only) which includes:
a. Preliminary Change of Ownership Report (county recorder application)
b. New Quitclaim Deeds transferring Real Property to beneficiaries
c. Affidavit of death
3. Affidavit of Assumption of duties, which is presented to banks with trust accounts. This document affirms your role as the new Successor Trustee for the Trust.
4. Notification of Probate Code 16061.7 Form. This required and is delivered to all beneficiaries along with Living Trust Declaration.
5. If needed, Final Trust Distribution Letter (provided for an additional fee), signed by all parties in front of a notary, thus agreeing to terms of distribution.
6. Assistance filling out related forms from financial institutions.
The Trust Pros is a legal document service only, meaning we prepare paperwork only. If you need legal advice or If one of the parties mentioned in the trust decide to hire an attorney and send you correspondence, you will need to hire an attorney separately.
Yes we do. Call for details.
Excellent Service Rating
The company's president and founder Michael G. Crupi, M.B.A. has been operating his living trust document service since 2001. The Trust Pros is proud to have maintained the highest service rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB joined in 2005) for nearly 15 years. You can visit the BBB website at www.labbb.org, and type in the business name, The Trust Pros.
Although The Trust Pros’ living trusts were originally formulated by attorneys, the company's mission statement is simple: provide attorney-designed quality living trusts without the attorney fees all while maintaining the highest level of professional service. Our discipline is simple: keep the customer happy so they may tell their friends about us.